
If this week wasn't already filled enough I was called into an unexpected meeting at work with the group manager and general manager. The topic on the table was the date of my last day at work. Weeks ago I told them January 7 would be my last day, they countered with December 24 to which I said ,"No". So today they mention December 24 again and I said "No" again. I laid my cards on the table and fielded comments and hit back. There were some moments of silence, not uncomfortable to me but enough so for them that after more talking, the GM told me he would let me know of his decision tomorrow morning. Ten minutes later as I am preparing to leave he tells me that he has agreed to my original date of January 7.
I did my part in the meeting and while I am not sure of the persona or characteristics that I take on when I am those situations I am proud of myself for sticking to my guns and not being swayed by pressure. I also thank God for being with me in that room and keeping it together and at peace with whatever decision was made; which in this case, was in my favor.
No comments:
Post a Comment