Saturday, August 16, 2008

North Carolina

I went on a weekend trip to North Carolina. Thursday night I drove to Cincinnati and stayed with my brother, sister-in-law, and niece/nephew. Friday morning I was on the road by 9 and started the 10hour journey to Greensboro, NC to visit Leigh Anne. The entire weekend was really nice and it just provided a great opportunity to decompress and relax. Saturday was packed full of hiking and climbing. Later we grabbed a late lunch and went shopping at the farmer's market and the local mall. By 7am Sunday I was on the road back home. One of the funniest moments was when we were on top of Hanging Rock Mountain and we were talking about how Rodney Yee-esque it was and how he should film a yoga video on the mountain. Well, I decided to help Rodney out a little. Obviously, I still I have to work on my tree pose.





Here are a few more pictures from the weekend.


I have accomplished taking 2 out of the 3 vacations that I wanted to this summer. The last trip is one to Colorado. I hope to go some time before November. Then, I will have accomplished the ultimate goal, no longer being the girl who has only been on break within a 100 mile radius of home.

No comments: