Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Congratulations and Good Luck

* this is how I felt earlier today



August 6, 2008. A day that will forever be etched into my memory. As an extension to my rant post I continue on with the story here. Don't fear, this is not a rant.

August 6. Today is the one year anniversary of my current place of employment. It is also the day I found out that said place of employment was going to be shut down by the end of the year.

*Insert "Oh, crap" here


If you have any idea how the past few weeks have been going for me (bad) you can imagine what this news did for me in my already fragile state of mind. However, after the initial shock wore off I felt...free, at peace even. I've been laughing at the irony of it all (1 year anniversary and everything) I've come to the end. I've been angry, frustrated, and I've cried my eyes out to the point of dehydration. All that's left is to laugh, and the thing that makes me kick myself is this: I could have laughed sooner, I didn't have to go through everything else.

A friend offered this verse to me as a source of encouragement on Monday. "When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, you knew my path." -Psalm 142:3 He certainly must know my path, after all, He created it. I would have never thought that leaving or being removed from an item would lead to such a feeling. Oftentimes, I think that we as a society are stuck in the mindset of having more and we lose sight that often times less is more.

Fat Doctor wrote a great post today and says perfectly what I wish I could write. I too wish that I could have the faith needed to allow things to fall into place without feeling like I have to have some part in it happening. It would have saved me a lot of stress the past two weeks.

What happens now? Well, from what I figure (this might be premature to say) I'll be at my current job at least until the end of November. I've put in what seems like hundreds of applications, but really amounts to about 25. It may be even that I just move to another team within the company. I'm not worried. Yet. (see, there's that whole faith thing again) Besides, my path has already been paved out I'm just along for the ride.

3 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

I'm sure there are TONS of research positions in Austin, TX. And a room open at the Jordan Inn while you get on your feet...

Willow said...

To our beatuiful daughter,
You are talented, smart, funny and wonderful! They will be beating down the door to get to you.

Jordan said...

cheering for you! what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I pray the next step is even sweeter than the last, built on the foundation that God has laid this past year. Keep trusting. Enjoy NC!