After getting moved in to the new house, battling bronchitis, keeping up with patients on the ward and studying I was more than ready to call it quits. Instead, this past weekend a I dragged a friend with me and we went to the reservoir for National Learn How To Row Day. The day was humid, steamy, and rainy. After being briefed on the parts of a boat and some practice on the ergs we hit the water. First on the barge and then on an eight-seater. I was loving the latter until my seat came of the track and I couldn't do anything but just sit there. Both times I was port side and I'm already comfortable with it.
I must have done well enough. I received an e-mail applauding my "Olympic-caliber" rowing. I'm sure everyone got that e-mail though. Who knows, I'm still young enough to go for Gold.
An in effort to preserve what little sanity I have left I joined a running club that meets early in the morning on the weekends. It is a 16 week program so it will take me into the better part of the fall semester. I am looking forward to changes and seeing what is in store for me as these days go by.

1 comment:
So impressed! You should go rowing with Meghan Miller!
Post a Comment