Thursday, April 30, 2009

Post Office Visit


Today I went to the downtown post office to apply for a passport.  Jeffery helped me at the desk and was a wealth of information.  He was quite the talker and while looking over my application commented on my profession and and shared some of his life with me.  Jeffery, after graduating high school wanted to attend Purdue University Veterinary School.  Instead, he joined the military for four years and then when he was discharged he found employment with the United States Post Office and has been there for over 30 years.  
One of the funniest moments was when Jeffery asked me if I had plans on getting married in the next year.  I replied, "I don't know, maybe".*  Jeffery responded, "Well, if he convinces you to marry him within a year you can have your passport updated and processed for free."  He ended by telling me to come back with pictures from my trip.

My conversation with Jeffery at the downtown post office was the highlight of my day.  Thanks for a great visit, Jeffery!

* no, no bells are ringing.  It's just fun to mix it up every once in a while. 


1 comment:

Jordan said...

Hooray, Meghan is getting a passport! Nothing can stop you now...

I love the post office! Glad you got to meet up with Mr. Jeffrey.