This time next week I should be transitioning into my new job. I will be one on a team of 5 doing cell culture, assay, mass spectrometry and automation. A lot of change this is.I will be attending the Great Banquet this weekend. My feelings on attending have varied greatly. However, the happenings of the past month have me looking forward to getting away for a little bit.
my little brother started his EMT/paramedic class this week. I'm excited to look through his textbook!
hypersensitive startle reflex=exhaustion
peppermint mochas are back!
**Update to the update... got an e-mail from my manager..."Meghan, there has been a change in your position...I'll tell you more when we talk..." Seriously? Can that be anymore vague?! I hope he didn't hear about the files that I accidentally deleted (which were restored) or the lab that I unintentionally flooded. (how do you not have a drain in a lab?)
Anyway, I'll be working with a different team than the one described above. Budget cuts prevent that team from even existing now. Instead I'll be doing more analyses, preparation, dilutions and documentation work for samples. At the beginning of next year I could move again into investigative toxicology. For now though I'll be working in the mornings at the clinic and spend my afternoons in the laboratory at a different building .
1 comment:
The only constant in life is change
Post a Comment